Thursday, July 2, 2009

3rd Trimester...28 weeks down

Now the real countdown begins! 3 months left. 12 weeks. 84 days. Wow!

We are so excited to meet our little Audrey, but are grateful for the time we have left to get ready. The nursery is finally cleared out, and paint is mostly on the walls with some finishing touches needed. [Chris, being the wonderful husband that he is, had paint on the walls to surprise me when I got home. Awww] And, after a little hitch, turns out our furniture will in fact be delivered next week. Checking things off the list, and it feels great. It feels real. SHE'S ALMOST HERE!!

This week Audrey is about 2 and a quarter pounds, like a Chinese cabbage. Her eyes are opening and closing....and are now adorned with lashes. (Hopefully dark lashes like her daddy's.)

Had a doctor appt yesterday, and now I'll start to go in every 2 weeks. That's a lot of appointments! All to make sure she's on track, so I don't mind one bit. I did a second round of bloodwork, checking to see if I'm animic (anymore than last time) and to check for gestational diabetes. (Dear God, please don't take my ice cream away from me!) haha. More importantly, it's not healthy for the baby.

We are also starting our kick counts to make sure Audrey is moving consistently...which she seems to have no problem doing so far. LOL. So, everyday around the same time (after dinner for us)...I time how long it takes her to kick 10 times. Last night it took 14 minutes, which I think is a lot! Naturally after I was done counting, she started moving around like crazy. Maybe she was brushing up on her dance skills....shuffle, shuffle, tap, tap.

I'm pretty sure I felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction last week! It happened two days in a row, while at work.......a tight squeezing under my belly button. Hasn't happened since, though. Phew. (Didn't "hurt", but didn't feel good). :)


Baby Bump - 28 Weeks

3 comments:

  1. this is a darling picture! your boobs, arms, and tan look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that bump grow!! I miss takin my baby bump pics!! :-(

    But now I have hundres of Kapri pics, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 05, 2009

    I think you're growing by the hour! =) You look so good!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete