Thursday, June 25, 2009

27 Weeks...last part of the 2nd Trimester

Well, Miss Audrey is still growing by the week...as is my belly.

She is weighs about 2lbs, like a head of cauliflower, and is about 14.5 inches long. She is opening and closing her eyes, possibly sucking her fingers....and even sleeping and waking at regular intervals. (Too bad she couldn't continue the latter right out of the womb!) Although her lungs are still immature, I read that they would be capable of function, with lots of medical help, if she were born now.

Audrey has been quite the mover and shaker lately...swimming laps and practicing her boxing...anything to pass the time. She has even taken to kickboxing right against my full bladder. Our little girl is definitely making her presence known, but I have to be grateful...she is quite gentle considering how much (or little) room she has in there. Not to mention...I LOVE feeling her move around.

Chris and I took our first (of two) Childbirth Prep Class last Saturday...five hours long. And believe it or not, it was not information overload. The hard chairs were a pain towards the end of class (I could have used a nice comfortable couch), but other than that...it was pretty interesting.

[I didn't have to drag the husband! He even said time went faster than he thought. But I did buy him an ice cream cone right before class and brought us lots of snacks. You could say I was sharpening my bribery skills on Chris with the aid of treats & snacks, before I use it on our kids.] Is that wrong?

We learned all about the signs of labor, what to expect during labor and delivery, epidurals and their benefits vs risks, and how big 10 centimeters really is! [wowsers] Our instructor is super sweet and pretty knowledgeable, although our classmates left something to be desired. There must have been about 10 - 12 couples...only 3 of which (including us) looked like we wanted to be there. Even the moms-to-be looked miserable! The looks on their faces resembled h.s. kids on the last week of class. No joke. One class down......and one more left this Saturday.

Anywho, here's the latest pic of me and my girl!


Baby Bump - 27 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 26, 2009

    You are glowing sister! You look happier and happier each week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are too cute! 89 days togo... what the!!!! that green looks so cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete