Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Numbers Never Lie

28: Number of weeks pregnant
8: Weeks til we meet our Audrey Marie

5: Average number of times I eat ice cream per week
12: Approximate min it takes Audrey to move 10 times during our "kick counts"
16: Average visits to the ladies room per day!
28: My age when I lose a belly [riiiight] and gain a daughter
29: Chris' age when he becomes a Daddy (Unless she's born around 38wks!)
???: My weight. Something I've never seen the scale say [ahh!]

Our lil girl is gaining weight every week, and is now approximately 3.75 pounds, similar to a large jicama. She's about 16.7 inches long...which explains the lack of room I'm feeling in my uterus. She'll gain a third to half of her birth weight in these last 7 weeks. Apparently, I'll be gaining about a pound a week, half of which will go directly to her. But...this begs the question: where does that other 1/2 pound go?? Hmm. Let's chalk it up to extra blood in my system. :) (Actually, the doc says I'm doing pretty well in terms of weight gain...right where I should be. So I won't cut back on the ice cream.)

I have a feeling that Audrey is starting to move into "position"...head down, feet up. After eating chocolate ice cream two nights ago (See a pattern here?), she really got moving. :) She started rolling around a lot, and I felt kicks up at the top right of my belly, which was new for us. (I just figured she loves chocolate, too and was thanking me.) The next morning, however, the kicks were very persistent in that same spot on the top. Not to mention, the big head-like bulge at the lower left of my belly. (Kind of on the diagonal.) So, maybe she's gettin' ready to get ready! Or, maybe I'm just new at this and making things up all together. :)

Random side note: Audrey loves the right side of my belly.

Onto the bump!

Baby Bump - 32 Weeks

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAdorable pic!! So stylish you are...lookin at your cute belly makes me miss being pregnant...sometimes, haha :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute Kris...Giana loved the left side of my belly too! The dr always said it was her butt sticking up & it sure was. She was more of a roller too. It's a cool feeling huh? I can't wait to see her cute little face when she arrives!! :)

    ReplyDelete