Friday, July 24, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

As I mentioned in my previous post, Chris' sister Jen and her husband Todd came into town, along with their two sons. Our nephews really cannot get much cuter or any more fun. Braden is 5.5 starting kindergarten this Fall and Carter is turning 3 this September.

This trip was the first time we've seen them since being "with child." So, seeing Auntie Kiki* with a huge belly was a change. While Carter didn't pay too much attention to my ever growing bump or Baby Audrey, as they called her.......Braden had a few comical things to say:


While I was plating my dinner their first night....
Braden
:
"Kiki, hurry up and eat so Audrey can catch the food!"

After having my backed turned to my nephew one afternoon....
Braden
: "Kiki, you don't look big from the back!"
Kiki
:
"Oh yeah? That's good to hear! And what about the front...? Do I look big this way?"
Braden: [grinning ear to ear realizing the indication] ".....yes....."

Wanting to show me the bird guarding her nest filled with eggs....
Braden: "Kiki, come outside! Come see the bird's nest. She's having babies....like you!!"


Lastly, this one from Carter.

At the beach in my bikini top and shorts...

Carter
: [Looks at my belly and points] "Big belly".


So true, Carter, so true. :)

Adorable Nephews
Carter and Braden


*Auntie Kiki originated from the nickname Keykey, which is what my sister Jenny called me when younger, and then Paige used it, too. (They couldn't pronounce Kristen). And the name stuck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment