Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hubba, Hubba

This past weekend I was at Target in the PJ/Lingere area, when a father approaches with his 3 year old son in a cart. The dad stops, points to something (out of sight to me) says to his son, "Look, what's that?" Not missing a beat, the son replies, "Hubba, hubba."

How could I not start laughing? The dad proudly looks my way...and it's obvious they performed this trick for my amusement. They slowly stroll by me and I say to them, "It's boys like that I'll have to protect my daughter from." :)

The dad tells me the story: he only said that to his son one time (sure)...and he started repeating it anytime they see anything remotely sexy - pjs, underwear & bras, pictures or mannequins wearing these things. Apparently he forgot to tell his wife, who called him up one day asking why on earth her son was pointing to underwear saying, Hubba Hubba. haha.

Mid-conversation, the son looks over at me...9th months pregnant...points and says, "Hubba, hubba."

Uh huh, that's right. I still got it! :)

Who knew a 3 year old could make my day?

1 comment: