Wednesday, April 29, 2009

POW! BAM! BOOM!

The Cosmic Battle of the
Comedic Husband vs. the Hormonal Wife



It was a hot Sunday as we prepared for a family outing. I'm trying on a million one or two outfits and continuing my regular struggle of "pregnant or beer gut?"

I turn my back to my dear, sweet husband and ask him a question I ask all too often...

me: Honey, does this shirt make me look wide??

Chris doesn't miss a beat, and replies with a big smile on his face...

him: No, your belly does.

I spun around, slightly shocked that he would go there, but I'm overcome with laughter.

He's lucky I love him so much.
He's lucky I think he's one of the funniest people I know.
He's lucky that he defeated my potentially dangerous hormones.

If only he could be so lucky next time....

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!! That's awesome! GOD, I remember that in-between phase...I constantly asked James if I looked pregnant or had a beer belly...I couldn't wait til I actually LOOKED pregnant!! hahahaha...and OH, the struggle with clothes, yeah...doesn't get any easier!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love it! I'd have laughed too!
    -Mollie

    ReplyDelete