Monday, March 30, 2009

Tension Headache: 1 Kristen: 0

Just a boring quick update on why my promised picture post was late.
[WARNING: This post may make you sleepy.]


As some of you may know, for the past 3-4 years I've been the victim of tension headaches. (Not to be confused with migraines.) They creep up on me and I've yet to figure out the cause. These neck/headaches start as a super uncomfortable tightness in my shoulders & neck - sometimes I can work through them and sometimes they just knock me out. Well, last week...the tension won.

Tuesday I stayed home from work with a pretty bad headache, thinking "I can sleep & ice it away". (Keep in mind - these headaches are no fun when you are pregnant and can't take the good drugs!) :) Anyhow, Wednesday I couldn't keep any liquids down...not tiny sips of water or even the Gatorade ice cubes my husband so lovingly made me. So, Thursday morning (still not eating or drinking anything), my kind mother-in-law took me to urgent care where they hooked me up to an IV to get me and BabyP rehydrated & un-nauseated.

The worst part about the whole affair......was not the huge needle the nurse kept trying to stick into my child-like hand & skinny, dehydrated veins. OUCH! (They ended up using a baby needle in my arm!) Nope, the worst part was that I had to cancel my trip to the Bay Area to visit my family......to celebrate my baby sister's 18th birthday (Happy Bday, Paige!) and Jenny & Joey's baby shower (Love you, niece-to-be!). It was a sad decision, but it didn't make since to go gallivanting across California.

Anyhow, I'm feeling much better at this point. Just wanted to give you the update. Thanks if you actually read this whole post! *winks* (Told you this post wouldn't be exciting!)


Hugs, Kristen

PS. Here's a cute comic to liven this post up. Thought it was fitting.


4 comments:

  1. We love you and glad you are feeling better! I love the comic! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are feeling better! Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I hear ya on the "not being able to take good drugs" part, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the babe!

    Thanks for the link to the moonjar. I will definitely be checking that out! I am glad you came out of hiding to tell me about it :)

    ReplyDelete